Best Microphone for Live Vocals: There are many different MICs in the market and if you are looking for the best Microphone for recording in your home, studio or basically for live events you will have to understand several things about MICS.
Most microphones fall under two major categories:
Dynamic MICS and Condenser MICS
Basically, Dynamic MICS are craggier than Condenser MICS; this is what makes them more suitable for live usage like: live concert, public meetings, performances and any other gathering that involves singing or speaking.
On the other hand, Condensers MICS are more delicate, that is why they are often used for studio recording. These microphones are often used in recording non voice sounds like those of instruments or sound effects. For instance in live events you can find that the Dynamic MICS are used by the speakers and musicians while the Condensers are used on the side of playing instruments or bringing other sound effects.
The important thing to ensure you do is to understand the kind of aim you want to fulfill with the MIC you want to buy. Whether for home recording, studio recording, live events or all combined you will have to do your research and below we have outlined some of Best Microphones you can use for live vocals. You can also check The Best Microphone for Recording Vocals on Computer.
Best Microphone for Live Vocals 2020
Shure SM7B Dynamic Microphone
One of the Best Microphones for live vocals is Shure SM7B Dynamic Microphone; it has a smooth, even and wide-range of frequency response suitable for music and speech in all manner of audio applications. It is packaged excellently to shield against electromagnetic hum produced by electrical devices such as computer monitors, phones, neon lights, and many more. Shure SM7B has been efficient from earlier ages when the first model was developed. Overtime it has been improved to make the design better and stable.
- Has a flat and wide-range frequency response
- Has an Improved shield that is able to keep away electromagnetic hum
- The ability of an Internal air suspension shock isolation almost removes mechanical noise transmission
- Has a extremely operative pop filter that eliminates the need for any add-on to shield against tense breath sounds
- Comes with A7WS removable windscreen, intended to decrease external sounds
- For easy mounting and dismounting, it has captive stand
- It is has classic cardioid polar pattern,
Rode NT1-A Condenser Microphone – Best Mic for Live Vocals
Are you looking for a MIC for good live recording? If yes then you can consider getting a Rode NT1-A Condenser Microphone. This is good MIC for anyone starting out with vocal recording. As a high quality microphone it is also very convenient since it come with USB connectivity. The price of Rode NT1-A is reasonable price and yet it will definitely amaze you how well it can record. It’s body is nickel plated body to flawless mount electronic circuitry
The Rode NT1-A condenser microphone brings clarity and high SPL capability features that are characteristically included on some of the world’s most expensive MICS. With a self-noise level of 5dBA, it is one of the noiseless MICs. This low noise brands microphone is perfect for vocal
Rode NT1-A take in all you needs to get a truly high class vocal recording. Its large diaphragm 1-inch cardioid condenser microphone is well made and it come with 10 years’ warranty.
Best features of Rode NT1-A Condenser Microphone
- Has a great 1-inch capsule with gold-plated diaphragm.
- Records in Cardioid polar pattern.
- It is quiet as it has a self-noise of 5dB (A).
- Has a ten-year warranty
- Best mic for live vocals
Sennheiser MD 421 II Cardioid Microphone
Another MIC that cannot miss on this list of Best Microphone for Live Vocals is the MD 421 II. Sennheiser MD 421 II is an improved version of the former versions of MD 421. Over the years, Sennheiser MD 421 II Cardioid Microphones have been rated to be one of the best MICS. The MIC is a top choice for many broadcasters, instrumentalist and vocalist. It diversifies recording conditions, through its large diaphragm and dynamic element it can handles high sound pressure levels and can make recording of guitars and drums so easy.
Best features of Sennheiser MD 421 II Cardioid Microphone
- This has a dynamic capsule which enables it to have even signal response whether in a close and rational distances
- Like many excellent MICs, Sennheiser MD 421 II has cardioid polar pattern that is very effective in mitigating off-axis noise and ambiance.
- Has a five position low frequency roll-off switch that offers flexible bass attenuation permitting the MIC to be used in a diverse situation
- It has a good finish that makes it dust and humidity resistant.
ZINGYOU BM800 Condenser Microphone
ZINGYOU BM800 Condenser Microphone is a leading microphone for professional audio recording for music and vocals. This Microphones offer variety of solutions for someone having a Home Studio, or anyone with the need to record Podcast, book narration, audio for YouTube and many other needs
ZINGYOU is a leading manufacturer of high quality MICS and one of the basic principle considered is letting their Clients’ needs come first. This is the reason why their MICS are clear, recording high-quality sounds.
Best features OF ZINGYOU BM800 Condenser Microphone
- It has a Sensitive Capture due to the Zingyou BM-800 features of thin material diaphragm that provides an extremely precise and highly detailed recording
- Features tremendously quiet self-noise which In technical terms can be said to be a noise level of just 16 dB(A).This means that there will be less distortion during the whole process of recording
- it is perfect for vocals and audio drama as it can produce good recording in high definition
- It is more stable due to the shock mount’s spider suspension that isolates your studio microphone from floor noise and disruption that come through handling
- Has a Cardioid Pattern
- Zingyou BM-800 microphone
- Shock mount
- Pop filter
- MIC adjustable suspension scissor arm stand
- Anti-wind foam Cap
- Power cable
- Sound card
AT2020 Condenser XLR Microphone
AT2020 Condenser XLR is a quality and consistency Microphone that sets standards for other MICS. It has a low-mass diaphragm costumed to extended frequency response and superior transient response. It has a rugged construction for long-lasting performance; the MIC gives a comprehensive dynamic range and manages high SPLs with ease.
Best features of AT2020 Condenser XLR Microphone
- For better adaptability it has a high SPL handling and wide dynamic range
- It has an engineered low mass diaphragm that provides extended frequency response and superior transient response
- Functions with cardioid polar pattern which reduces interruptions of sounds from the surrounding environment.
- Has a high quality packages with Black speckles on the MIC as the finish
- The price is a friendly and this does not lower the quality of the MIC.