Best Film Cameras for Travel: Are you planning to go for a holiday and you really want to save up some of those memories in a film camera that has more quality photos?
In the current world where many have forgotten about film cameras, it is hitting back to many that photos from the analogue film cameras are of more quality than the ones from digital cameras. Film camera are making a comeback, so if you have interest in getting one of the best film camera that you can use during your travelling times so can choose one depending on your needs and taste.
Advantages of Getting a Film Camera over Digital Camera
There are several advantages of getting a film camera over digital camera which include:
- Film camera is able to capture photos at higher resolution compared to digital cameras of same or higher resolution
- Some film camera will not have low batteries problems or need to recharge. They are good for long trips and cold conditions which can be unfavorable for digital cameras
- The cost of film camera is lower compared to digital camera
- Film camera can be able to capture subtle details that are easily lost in digital photography
Best Film Cameras for Travel 2020
Pentax K1000 Manual Focus SLR Film Camera with Pentax 50mm Lens
If you are nostalgic of the old day’s film camera or you want to have a new experience with the film camera, you can consider getting The Pentax K1000 35mm SLR. The quality of the pictures you will get this old model sometimes goes beyond the ones from some of the current $500 digital camera. The K1000 is majorly made of metal and it is mechanically controlled. It is can be completely operational without batteries however batteries are only required for the metering information system.
Best features of Pentax K1000 35mm SLR
- The Pentax K1000 SLR is durable
- This film camera is completely mechanical and needs no battery to run, but you can purchase an A76 to help run the light meter.
- Compared to many vintage cameras, the K1000 is simple and easy to learn. Basically there are three shooting controls: aperture, shutter speed and focus.
- Since K1000 is easy to learn it recommended for students learning photography.
Vintage Canon AE-1 Program 35mm SLR Camera with 50mm 1:1.8 Lens
Vintage Canon AE-1 Program is an excellent camera for any film enthusiast, if you love film camera you will love this camera as it will give you quality photos. It’s very light weight compared to other older models because it is made up mainly of plastic and not metal. This is a great camera for travel because it is light and you can carry it everywhere you go.
Vintage Canon AE-1 Program viewfinder is so nice and clear, and the light meter is easy to use. To work well you will need to have a 6v battery
Best features of Vintage Canon AE-1 Program
- Classic mechanical camera body
- LED light meter display
- It has a lens that is Compatible with all Canon FD lenses
- It is light and convenient to carry around.
Minolta X-700 Film Camera
Minolta X-700 camera will get you many awesome pictures. It has a fully automatic and manual modes, which means everyone from complete beginners to experts in photography will appreciate this functionality.
Minolta X-700 is made of metal, which is a huge plus as the metal parts do not wear out as fast as plastic parts. Minolta X-700’s Minolta Program System (MPS), provides a simple focus and shoot simplicity of programmed auto-exposure (AE) control, where both aperture and shutter speed are automatically set over a wide range by the camera.
Best features of Minolta X-700 Film Camera
- Long lasting
- Easy to use
- Good for beginners
Nikon F3HP comes with a traditional, manual focus, manual advance, film SLR with an accurate electronically controlled shutter. In addition, it has some good aperture-priority auto exposure settings. The Nikon F3 is good for press photographers, photo-adventures, and scientists.
Best features of Nikon F3HP
- Have a well-earned reputation for quality
- Are all tremendously made and have shutters that will last for long
- Also has the “high eye point” finder which is important for eyeglass wearers.
Canonet G III QL17
This is one of the vintage camera that was made way back in the 70’s. This is one of the best ever camera of old time with a built in light meter of all time. The Canonet QL17’s come with amazingly sharp f/1.7 40mm lenses, that are frequently compared to their much costlier Leica counterparts.
As one of the best film camera of old-time, the Canonet is an incredibly good everyday carry shooter because It is lightweight, super compact and it is solidly built with all metal shells,
If you’re looking to explore into the world of street photography, this camera is probably going to be your best friend. However, it is good to note that it has in built light meters that sometimes is not accurate, so you can get an external one since it can use standard flashes
Best features of Canonet G III QL17 Camera
- It Supports Shutter Priority and it is has fully manual shooting modes
- One best vintage third generation of the Canonet line of range finder cameras
- Has a 40mm f/1.7 lens
A digital camera has more advantages than the film camera but when it come giving a well learning experience a film camera does give a better experience. When looking for a film camera it is good to understand
- The film it uses
- Whether it uses batteries or not
- The lens