Best Yoga Mat for Beginners: To all those who are starting out on yoga classes this year, it is a good move since you will meet your health goals in a manner that will lead to a more relaxed and flexible body.
Getting started on yoga is often made simpler and enjoyable when it is accompanied by a quality yoga mat and appropriate attire. A decent yoga mat is a good companion to all yogis across the world, so as a beginner ensure you get it right from the start. As you know or you will get to know, yoga comprises so many poses and that why you need a good quality mat to ensure all your strength and concentration will be channeled to your exercise other than to unnecessary discomfort caused by a poor quality mat.
- Why do you need a good quality yoga mat?
- Choosing the right yoga mat
- Best Yoga Mat for Beginners 2021
- Manduka PRO Yoga Mat
- Clever Yoga 7-Piece Starter Kit
- BalanceFrom All-Purpose Premium exercise yoga
- Gaiam Premium Yoga Mat – 6mm Thick
- Sivan Health and Fitness Yoga Mat
- Best Yoga Mat for Non-Slip
- TOPLUS Yoga Mat
- Jade Harmony Yoga Mat
- Aurorae Synergy 2 in 1 Yoga Mat
- The Combo Yoga MAT
- Clever Yoga Mat
- Heathyoga Eco-Friendly Non-Slip Yoga Mat
Why do you need a good quality yoga mat?
You will need a good quality yoga mat to ensure both your physical and mental strength is channeled to your exercise. Poor quality mat will cause discomfort, poor body alignment and may cause injury to your joints.
Choosing the right yoga mat
To get the correct yoga mat ensure to consider the following
Although there is no professional recommended size for yoga mats, you can choose one depending on your body size; look for a mat that will give you enough space. If you are tall, a large yoga mat (72”x 25”) can be good. If you want a mat for your home yoga studio you can go for the extra-large mats that are normally 3 or 2 times larger than the standard mat.
During yoga, it can become difficult to concentrate on your practice if you have to think about how your knees are hurting. This is one of the reasons why you should consider getting a firm and high-density mat that will provide the perfect cushioning for your joints without giving that ‘sinking’ feeling.
Non slip grip
Another top feature you should consider when buying your yoga mat is; its ability to give you a firm grip even when having sweaty hands and feet. Some yoga mats come as 2 in 1, in that they have an inbuilt towel designed to absorb the sweat and give you a better grip. With this kind of mat, you will not need to carry a towel.
Other features that you should consider are the ability to wash in a machine, type of material, durability, easiness to clean and resistance to tearing.
To help you make a choice on the kind of yoga mat you want, we have looked at some of the Best Yoga Mat for Beginners and Best Yoga Mat for Non-Slip
Best Yoga Mat for Beginners 2021
Manduka PRO Yoga Mat
Manduka PRO Yoga Mat is also one of the best yoga mats in the market. Its manufacturer, Manduka, has more than 20 years’ experience in producing respected yoga products that have been used across the globe.
This PRO Mat is a high-quality yoga mat designed by yogis and trusted by teachers worldwide. It is also certified for human contact by OEKO-TEX, a material certification agency in Europe for the textile industry.
As an ultra-dense and large performance yoga mat it has a firm grip which makes it comfortable and safe. It is durable and it will not peel, flake or fade easily.
Best features of Manduka yoga mat
- It is certified and made with safe material
- Has a High-density cushion to protect your joint
- Large size: 7. 5 lbs. ; 71″ x 26″
- It is 6 mm thick
- To prevent sweat from soaking in it has a closed-cell surface
Clever Yoga 7-Piece Starter Kit
Starting out on yoga classes can be exciting and that is why it is important to get a comfortable yoga mat that will give you a friendly place that will let you enjoy your work out sessions. This starter pack will come handy as it will provide you with all the tools you need to master your beginner yoga skills. It has one light and better grip Yoga Mat, 2 EVA foam Yoga Blocks, 1 cotton Yoga Strap, a matching microfiber yoga mat, hand towels, and a carrying case. Clever yoga mat is durable and you can be assured that the whole starter kit will give you value for your money.
To make excellent Clever Yoga products, professional yogis are involved in every step when developing the products. In addition, every product is tested before it is shared out with the rest of yogis
The reason why you need to get Clever Yoga 7-Piece Starter Kit
- It has a better grip Yoga Mat that has double-sided textured surfaces to ensure you are comfortable. As a non-slip mat, you will not expect any accidents
- The yoga mat is thick to cause no damage to your joints and its size is spacious enough (72″ long x 25 1/4″ wide) to give a good work out area
- All the other items in this starter kit are of high quality and they can still be used during your other work out sessions
- The mats are made from high quality; a quick-drying microfiber that can also absorb up sweat.
- All the products are durable
BalanceFrom All-Purpose Premium exercise yoga
BalanceFrom Yoga Mat has double sides with non-slip surfaces. This mat excellent resilience allows you to keep your balance during any yoga style. Unlike other mats that are not moisture resistant, this one is moisture resistant which makes it be easily cleaned with soap and water.
It has a dimension of 71″ long 24″ wide and it is suitable for people for all sizes. As a high-density yoga mat, its thickness is ½ inch hence it’s a comfortable mat that will be safe to your elbows, spine, knees, and hips.
- Comes with a 2-year warranty
- It is 1/2-inch thick
- Exceptional non-slip surface
- This mat is very portable as it is lightweight
- It is easy to clean as it made with moisture resistant technology
Gaiam Premium Yoga Mat – 6mm Thick
Having the Gaiam Yoga Premium mat that is 6mm Extra Thick means you will never have to worry about slipping or discomfort. You will be able to practice all the different yoga postures with this premium mat.
This mat has a topcoat that is able to absorb moisture and better grip even when the temperature increases as you progress in your exercise. For all yoga lovers who are sensitive to rubber, this Gaiam mat is recommended for you since it is rubber free. Your joints will be well cushioned due to the extra thickness.
- It is not only thick; it is also light and very durable.
- Safe for your joints
- Has a non-slip texture to suits all your exercise postures
- Have no toxic ingredients
- Comes with an additional downloadable yoga work out
Sivan Health and Fitness Yoga Mat
If you are starting out on your yoga classes and you want a mat that takes care of your sensitive joints consider getting Sivan Health and Fitness Yoga Mat. It is built with the sole intention of taking care of the sensitive area in your knees or your back. It has the perfect thickness and comfort, and to make it more versatile you can roll it up on one end to sit on.
- It gives you a personalized yoga experience where you never have to worry of joints pain due to excess pressure
- Easy to carry as it can be folded and has shoulder straps
- It is durable and maintains its thickness over a long period of time
- Has big dimensions 71″ long 24″ wide which is suitable both for small-sized and large-bodied individual
- Has a 1/2″ Ultra-thick mat with well-designed memory foam
- To avoid accidents it has a non-slip surface at the bottom
- It is very Easy-to-clean
Best Yoga Mat for Non-Slip
TOPLUS Yoga Mat
One of the features of a good yoga mat is having a non-slip surface. TOPLUS Yoga Mat has a surface with strong grips. It will allow you to have all kinds of stretches and yoga poses that will lead to more satisfying results. Compared to other numerous yoga mats in the market, this one has no plastic smell even when it is new. In addition, it has carrying straps that can be doubled as a normal yoga strap.
- This yoga mat is outstanding as it is resilience and comfortable
- Very convenient to carry as it is light
- Has a dual-layer structure with a non-slip textured surface that provides ideal grip
- Suitable for both beginners and trainers
- Made up of patented and eco-friendly material that is more advantageous than the traditional non-green PVC, EVA and NBR yoga mats
- Has as a good dimension (72-inch x 24-inch x 6mm)
Jade Harmony Yoga Mat
Looking for good quality and non-slip yoga mat to upgrade the one you are using? If yes, then having Jade Harmony Yoga Mat will surpass the expectations you have. This is an upgraded version of the basic yoga mat since it focuses on improving the anti-slip ability; it comes with double-sided anti-slip texture.
Buying Jade Harmony Yoga Mat is having a good investment in your yoga lessons. Even after numerous classes of training, it still remains strong and the grip will still hold. This mat is made up of open-cell natural rubber, which offers you optimal grip even for long poses and vigorous exercise.
This is one of the most popular yoga mats for yogis and once you get it you will have a better understanding of what it means to have a premium mat.
- Has a thickness that offers a great grip and a cushioning that sustains stability during your exercise
- Made of natural rubber
- Safe for someone with sensitive skins as it contains no synthetic material
- Manufactured with high quality,
- Manufactured by a company that takes time to invest back to society by planting trees
Aurorae Synergy 2 in 1 Yoga Mat
This is a mat that is rated as a five-star product by more than 75 percent of people who have used it. Furthermore, it is also rated as one of the best yoga mats in 2019 by Forbes. This rating is not just another marketing strategy, it is based on the features it has. With over 300 hundred yoga classes and similar round of washing the mat still remained intact. The grip still holds to ensure you can safely do your warrior pose, tree pose, wheel pose, and other poses.
If you have sweaty hands and feet this is the mat to get since it will absorb the sweat. On the top, it has a microfiber towel material that maintains a firm grip at the bottom. You never have to worry about dust as it will not easily stick and the one that does stick it can be easily brushed off
It makes it more outstanding for all yogis it has a unique feature that is patent in the US and through continuous research and development the manufacture ai at giving products with pro features
- Dimension 72” wide and 24” wide
- Suitable for both hot and cold yoga
- For better results, you can spray the top with water when your hands and feet need a better grip
- It is ultra-thick (5mm)
- Produces no odor
- It is machine washable
The Combo Yoga MAT
This is not just your ordinary mat; it is aimed to be your ultimate yoga companion. It is the kind of mat that makes you forget about the idea of carrying both a mat and a towel to your training sessions. Having this mat will do away with slipping and hence lower chances of having injuries.
It is made of deluxe and absorbent suede microfiber that is bonded to the natural tree rubber base. This combination will definitely give your sweaty hands a good grip.
- It is machine washable
- It gives you a firm grip even when your hands are sweat
- It is eco-friendly since it is made of microfiber recycled from used bottled
- It is durable
Clever Yoga Mat
Looking for a yoga mat made by yogis for yoga lover? The clever Yoga mat is a premium mat that is ultra-thick and it will provide you with additional cushioning to lessen the impact on your joints. Like most premium mats it has 6mm thickness, which makes it high-density padding that is suitable for your joints even when doing the advanced yoga poses.
- It has 2 sided non-slip surfaces for greater slip resistance.
- Good dimension: 72″ long x 25 1/4″ wide and 6mm thick
- It is light
- It is safe as it’s made from TPE foam and contains 0 percent PVC, phthalates, silicone, latex, and other deadly materials.
- Built using anti-tear technology hence it won’t rip, shred or stretch with use.
- Has closed-cell surface that is able to lock out dirt, germs, and moisture to keep bacteria and foul odors away
- Easy to clean
It shouldn’t be exposed to extreme temperatures
Heathyoga Eco-Friendly Non-Slip Yoga Mat
If you have been having problems with your yoga mat or you are beginning your yoga classes and wondering what is the best yoga mat to get, in this article, we have recommended the best and to finalize the list is one the best mat in today’s market. Heathyoga Eco-Friendly Non-Slip Yoga Mat is made by a manufacturer who is well experienced in the business of producing yoga products
The mat is made considering the Human Body Alignment System. In simple terms, it has alignment lines that ensure you no longer need to focus on your hands and feet position during the poses as alignment lines will help you work on position precisely.
- Large dimension 72″(183cm) x 26″ (65cm);
- Made of SGS certified TPE and eco-friendly material that does not contain latex, PVC, or heavy metals
- It is odorless
- Gives you value for your money
- Has Non-slip Texture at the Top and Bottom
- For better cushioning, it has a 6mm thickness
- Easy to carry around
- Durable since it has an anti tears middle mesh layer