Best Pacifier for 6-Month-Old: Having a pacifier can help you relax and soothe your baby to sleep. Since there are many pacifiers in the market, the most important question always arises: Which is the best pacifier for baby? Since kids are introduced to pacifiers at various stages it is always important understand the following before giving your baby a pacifier
- What is the Best Pacifier for My Child?
- Best pacifier for 6 month old in 2022
- Ryan and Rose Cutie PAT Pacifier
- WubbaNub Brown Monkey Pacifier
- Dr. Brown’s PreVent Glow in the Dark Pacifier
- MAM Glow in the Dark Pacifiers
- Chicco PhysioForma 100% Soft Silicone Orthodontic Pacifier – Best Pacifier 6 Months
- Philips Avent Ultra Soft Pacifier, 6-18 Months
- Tommee Tippee Day & Night Pacifiers
- MAM Sensitive Skin Pacifiers
- Itzy Ritzy Sweetie Soother Pacifier
What is the Best Pacifier for My Child?
This is what you should generally consider when buying a pacifier
Pacifiers should be manufactured from a medically accredited material. Most pacifiers are made with 100% food grade silicone that is BPA free and latex free
Consider the shape and design of the nipple
The whole essence of getting a pacifier is to ensure it give the some comfort that a child gets when feeding on the mother’s breast. Therefore it should be soft, flexible yet durable to ensure it is not easily torn by the babies gum or teeth. Nipple size also matters; you do not want to give your 3 months a pacifier that has a nipple with wide base that cannot fit properly in its month
As you shop for a pacifier the word Orthodontic will often come up. If you are you wondering what an Orthodontic nipple is? This is a nipple that has a narrow neck, flat bottom and rounded top. It decreases the amount of air the baby swallows when using a pacifier or when bottle feeding. The Orthodontic feature also takes in account your babies’ dental development. This is because it allows even distribution of pressure in the baby’s tongue hence will not lead to the uneven dental formation of the teeth
Ensure the pacifiers allows circulation of air into baby’s mouth by having breathing material or vent holes for breathability
Best pacifier for 6 month old in 2022
Ryan and Rose Cutie PAT Pacifier
Ryan and Rose Cutie PAT Pacifier has a round and soft nipple that makes it so easy for your baby to use. Unlike many pacifiers that have seams on side or at the bottom this one is seamless, due to the one piece design it is durable. The two large holes allows uninterrupted breathing. Made of 100 percent medical grade silicone and has no traces of BPA, PVC, Phthalate or Latex. Additionally, it has a convenient combo design that hence can be used as pacifier and teething toy. When used for teething toy, all you have to do is tuck the nipple and the other side (BEADED side) feels good on baby’s gums when the teeth are developing.
- Easy to clean since it can be washed in a dishwasher
- Safe for your baby since it made of medically accredited material
- Can be used as a pacifier and a teether
- Has a solid handle that makes it easy for baby to hold and place in mouth
Always inspect it before giving it your child, more so if your has teeth that can bite some part leading to damage
WubbaNub Brown Monkey Pacifier
WubbaNub Pacifier is not only among the best pacifier for 6 months old, but it is also award-winning. It has a patented and unique design that allows it to fit well in the baby’s mouth, easy to grip and has lower chances of it slipping out of the baby’s mouth.
WubbaNub is made with medical-grade silicone that is non-latex and BPA, PVC, and Phthalate-free. Due to the one-piece construction it durable and there are few chances of it cracking and retaining germs like other pacifiers with lower quality.
- Comes with a smart animal combination
- Silicone made
Recommended for babies between 0-6 months, not suitable for babies with teeth
You May Also Like: Best Potty Chair for Big Toddlers
Dr. Brown’s PreVent Glow in the Dark Pacifier
As one of the Best pacifier for 6 month old, Dr. Brown’s Pacifier is approved by pediatric dentist to ensure it does not cause any dental issues when your child uses it. So outstanding are the features of this pacifier and it has a patented Suction-Free Air Channel that helps to decrease the suction and palatal pressure that often creates dental issues such as cross bites. To fit properly in the mouth of a six month it has a thin stem.
For further comfort it has a butterfly shape that shields curves away from baby’s face to allow plenty of room for the noses and cheeks. Since pacifiers fall off once you baby is a sleep, Dr Brown pacifier has an illumination that glows in the dark hence you will easily locate it.
- Made in the U.S.A
- Available in 0-6m and 6-12m sizes
- Takes a design that is friendly to your babies dental development
- Has a safe illumination that is charged by simple exposure to light
MAM Glow in the Dark Pacifiers
MAM’s is a one of best pacifiers, made by a company with over 40 years of experience you can expect the best results from this pacifier. Has a Skin like and Soft textured silicone that feels very natural, just like mom’s nipple. Comes with multiple shapes and sizes and has a 94 percent acceptance rate by children from 6 months. Has anti-slip surface
MAM Glow in the Dark Pacifiers will definitely calm your baby and will promote a healthy oral development. To make it more outstanding it has an in-built air channel that naturally flattens and extends when sucked, representing a natural characteristic of the mum’s nipple during breastfeeding.
These pacifiers are orthodontic, having a proportional nipple and shield that fits effortlessly in baby’s mouth at any angle. To top it all, it glows in the darkness hence can easily be traced once it falls from the baby’s mouth.
- Has 94 % acceptance by children above 6 months
- Easy to clean
- Has a curved shield and inventive bumps on inner shield surface hence prevent pacifier from completely covering the baby’s face
- Designed in a way that prevents the drool from being trapped between the baby’s face and the pacifier
- Can stay in the month for long
- Easy to find even in darkness since it glows
- Has an Orthodontic symmetrical nipple
- Made of silicone
Chicco PhysioForma 100% Soft Silicone Orthodontic Pacifier – Best Pacifier 6 Months
It is designed to allow uninterrupted breathing and oral development. Uninterrupted breathing is enabled by the design that ensures the baby’s tongue face forward to allow an open airway. To guarantee your child’s oral development, the orthodontic nipple guides tongue placement in a uniformly way hence distribute pressure evenly across the tongue, as a result, the baby palate and teeth will develop properly.
- Easily accepted by 90 percent of children who use it
- Has a satin-textured silicone nipple that is comfortable and will not slip easily
- Has a narrow base which ensures your baby’s lips close well
- Due to the breathable cover, it allows air circulation and lower building up of saliva
- It is BPA and LATEX Free
- It is developed, tested, and approved in partnership with an expert team ranging from pediatricians, neonatologists, and orthodontists.
- It is one fo the best pacifier 6 months
Babies between 6-16 months
Philips Avent Ultra Soft Pacifier, 6-18 Months
Philips Avent ultra soft pacifier will be one of the best comfortable choices for your baby. It is made by a FlexiFit shield therefore leads to fewer skin marks and less skin irritation. Due to its wonderful design it has an acceptance rate of 96 percent by children across the world.
The nipple is orthodontic hence will not interfere with the development of your baby’s palate, teeth and gum. For easy removal from your baby’s mouth it has a safety ring handle.
- Comes with a sterilizer case which you can use to sterilize the pacifiers in the microwave
- Take care of your child’s gentle skin
- Has been developed by professionals and clinicians to ensure all moms give comfortable product to their kids
- Has 96 percent acceptance rate
Babies between 6-18 months
Tommee Tippee Day & Night Pacifiers
Tommee Tippee Day & Night Pacifiers are made by one of the leading company in babies’ product both in UK and USA. You can be assured that your baby will calm down when using this pacifier since it has a well-shaped nipple that is symmetrical orthodontic which help to optimize baby acceptance. Another good feature in this pacier is the reversible nipple which ensures that the pacifier is always well positioned in the mouth.
- User friendly even in the dark since it has a glow that is naturally charged
- Will not interfere with dental formation that occurs between 6- 18 months
- Has a reversible nipple
- BPA free
Suitable for babies between the ages of 6-18 month
MAM Sensitive Skin Pacifiers
If your baby has reacted to several pacifiers and you are wondering which is the best pacifier for your baby’s sensitive skin, you can try MAM Sensitive Skin Pacifiers. What makes this pacifier stand out is the nipple’s patented vented base which helps regulate airflow to reduce skin irritation, baby colic, gas and reflux. The vented base has an advanced air valve that permits the nipple to let go of the air that comes in while sucking. The nipple natural feeling has generated a 94 percent acceptance rate for this pacifier.
Having this MAM sensitive skin pacifier will give you a solution when you need to turn your child’s screams and sobs into smiles and sleep.
- Made of Silicone
- Friendly to sensitive skin
- Has a Symmetrical nipple
- Easy to clean
- BPS and BPA free
Itzy Ritzy Sweetie Soother Pacifier
Having this pacifier will soothe your baby in the most comfortable style. Itzy Ritzy pacifiers has a one-piece design that makes is durable. It is made of latex-free silicone and the pacifiers meet ASTM safety standards. A good pacifier should have breathability that is why you will find two large vent holes on the top.
Each pacifier has a cable-design accent on the handle to coordinate with baby’s outfits. This pacifier meets ASTM safety standards; furthermore it has two large vent holes for breathability. Has a collapsible handle for added safety and to make it more outstanding it can still be used a teether as your baby’s teeth come out.
- This pacifier is perfect when you want it to match with your baby’s outfits as it come in packs of two coordinating colors, each set has the same design on the handle.
- Made of 100% food grade silicone
- Has a soft and flexible nipple
- Stylish and cute
- Dishwasher safe, on top rack only
- Free of PVC and BPA
Babies 0 months and upwards
When you choose to attach a pacifier clip it is recommendable you secure it around the handle and not through the air hole for safety.