Best Film Cameras for Street Photography: Street photography is a fascinating thing to do, you want your image to appears more vivid and have fine look that often comes with a film camera.
There are many film cameras that work well for street photography. Getting the Best Film Cameras for Street Photography will require you to know how the camera operates and also know of a photo studio or lab that is well equipped with the necessary equipment that can be used to print your photo.
Best film cameras for beginners starting in street photography are available in the market although many come as a re-used package. It is very vital to enquire about the functionality of the camera if it already used so as to avoid getting disappointments. Compared to digital cameras, film camera offers better learning ability for learners since some functions are manual.
Below we have looked at some of the Best Film Cameras for Street Photography as well as Best Film Cameras for Beginners, I hope you will get an idea of what you actually require.
- Best Film Cameras for Street Photography 2020 – Best Street Photography Film Camera
- Pentax K1000 SLR Film Camera
- Olympus Stylus Zoom 140 QD CG 35mm Camera
- Holga 120N Medium Format Film Camera – Affordable Street Photography Camera
- Nikon F6 AF 35mm Film SLR Camera
- Canon AE-1 35mm Film Camera – Best 35mm Camera for Street Photography
- How to Use Canon EOS Rebel 2000 SLR Film Camera
Best Film Cameras for Street Photography 2020 – Best Street Photography Film Camera
The Canon EOS Rebel 2000 is an inexpensive and lighter camera that has an automatic 35mm SLR feature that is suitable for someone beginning to learn street photography or someone who is already in street photography.
Canon rebel film camera offers a number of special modes for specific shooting circumstances, some of which include full auto, manual, night scene, portrait, landscape, etc. It is worthwhile to mention that it also has shutter-speed priority and aperture priority modes.
Some other basic features include a remarkable 7-point autofocus system, LCD panel with broad information display, 3 exposure metering modes, auto exposure bracketing, a multiple exposure function, and depth-of-field preview.
Canon EOS Rebel 2000 35mm camera has a good autofocus system that is responsive and includes seven focusing points that can be set exclusively for super artistic shooting. In other words, when carrying out street photography you can set the camera to automatically focus on the far right focus point so that your main subject doesn’t have to be in any other focal point.
Best features of Canon EOS Rebel 2000 35mm Film camera that make it suitable for street photography
- Has an Autofocus 35mm SLR with full manual options
- Good zoom due to the 28 to 80mm Zoom lens
- Has an in-built flash
- Has a seven Point autofocus system
- It is one of the best film camera for street photography
You May Also Like: Camera with Flip Screen and Wifi
Pentax K1000 SLR Film Camera
If you are looking for the Best Film Cameras for Street Photography you can consider Pentax K1000 SLR Film Camera. As an old day’s film camera your street photography will have a new experience. The quality of the pictures you will get from this film camera sometimes goes beyond the ones from some of the present $500 digital camera. The K1000 is made of metal and it is mechanically controlled. Unlike many other film cameras, it is can be totally be operated without batteries but batteries are only necessary for the metering information system.
Best features consider Pentax K1000 SLR Film Camera that makes it suitable for street photography
- The Pentax K1000 SLR is durable
- This film camera is completely mechanical and needs no battery to run, but you can purchase an A76 to help run the light meter.
- Compared to many vintage cameras, the K1000 is simple and easy to learn. Basically there are three shooting controls: aperture, shutter speed, and focus.
- Best film cameras street photography to buy
Olympus Stylus Zoom 140 QD CG 35mm Camera
Olympus Stylus Zoom 140 QD CG film camera will offer you a wide-angle of shots and zoom in for close-up shots. This camera takes care of the details you will need when street photographing. The 38-140mm f4-11 zoom lens functions straightforwardly, and a light sensor automatically regulates exposure. The multi-autofocus lens perfectly captures the complete frame. The LCD panel shows the date and time, exposure counter, battery counter, red-eye drop, and flash override.
Other good features include remote-controlled self-timer; mid-roll rewind; all-weather shielding clamshell case design.
Best features of Olympus Stylus Zoom 140 QD CG film camera that makes it appropriate for street photography
- A 35mm compact point-and-shoot
- Autofocus 38-140mm 3.7x zoom lens
- Its Multi-mode flash has a red-eye reduction feature
- Easy and Automatic film loading and rewind
- Has a date imprinting and self-timer
Holga 120N Medium Format Film Camera – Affordable Street Photography Camera
If you want to venture into street photography using a film camera that is inexpensive you can consider getting a Holga 120N Medium Format Film Camera. It is a camera characterized by the unique image quality in addition to its modest design and minimal controls. It has a black finish, and it is best recognized for its standard-length 60mm f/8 plastic lens that creates a soft, dream-like aesthetic, which is additionally emphasized by the essential vignetting and light leaks produced by the plastic body and modest construction.
It has various aperture settings like f/8 or f/11, or “cloudy” & “sunny”, as well as the 1/100 sec. or bulb shutter speed settings and a zone focus system for zooming in close as 3′ away.
Best features of Holga 120N Medium Format Film Camera that makes it appropriate for street photography
- Has a 60mm f/8 Plastic Lens
- Superb Zone Focusing System
- Good Shutter Speeds: 1/100 sec.
- Has Ilford HP5 Plus Black and White Negative Film (120 Roll Film)
Nikon F6 AF 35mm Film SLR Camera
Nikon F6 AF 35mm Film SLR Camera is an Integral-motor autofocus 35mm single-lens reflex with electronically controlled focal-plane shutter.
It has a Programmed Auto (P) mode that offers automatic shutter speed and aperture settings. In the Flexible Program, you can rotate the Main-Command Dial to select settings other than those automatically selected. The Exposure compensation of this Nikon camera is superb, its AE bracketing controls the exposure compensation manually allows you to shoot the same scene two or three times at exposure values differing with advanced EV.
You don’t have to worry about Data back functions when you have Nikon F6. It has in-built data back functions through the rear LCD panel and Multi Selector. The recorded data of each shot can be downloaded to your computer as text data through optional Data Reader MV-1.
Best features of Nikon F6 AF 35mm Film SLR Camera that makes it appropriate for street photography
- It is a type of camera that has Integral motor autofocus 35mm SLR (Single Lens Reflex) with an automatically controlled focal-plane shutter.
- Has various option in Exposure Modes including Flexible Program, Programmed Auto, , Shutter priority, Aperture Priority, and Manual
- A standard 35mm film format)
- You can Customize the Function Button to do the task you want —including FV Lock, AE-L/AF-L
- Has a Multi-selector that Lets you select focus area when shooting, basically it allows you to select the function in Menu mode.
Canon AE-1 35mm Film Camera – Best 35mm Camera for Street Photography
Canon AE-1 35mm Film Camera is also another good camera for street photography and for someone beginning to learn about film photography. Canon AE-1 will defiantly give you good exposure. It can be operated in Full Manual mode and it has three automatic exposure modes (Automatic mode with Shutter Priority, Automatic mode with Aperture Priority and Full automatic mode)
Best features of Canon AE-1 35mm Film Camera that makes it appropriate for street photography
- Has a 35mm Single-Lens-Reflex (SLR) camera with electronically controlled Automatic Exposure (AE) and focal plane shutter.
- Has a series switchable lens with full aperture metering and AE coupling.
- Quality Standard lenses for the Canon AE are Canon FD 55mm
- Its viewfinder is fixed at an eye-level pentaprism with a field of view that is 93.5% vertical and 96% horizontal coverage